At malt films ltd we produce films, images, audio and graphics for charities, brands, companies and public sector organisations. This involves collaborative working and so we process information about the people involved and share it with other people involved. We also process information about prospective clients and suppliers.
- only collect information we actually need
- never sell, rent or trade this information
- only use and share it as required to perform our services
- store it in a safe place
- make it available to you as per your legal rights.
Separate privacy policies
The information we collect about you and how we use it will vary depending on what our relationship is. We therefore have separate policies for people appearing in our projects (not including actors) and for suppliers and staff. Please click on the relevant link below if this is you.
Otherwise, read on!
What information do
we collect about you?
We may collect:
- Your name and contact details including an address, email and phone number
- A signature as part of a signed agreement
- A VAT and/or company number
- A photograph or video of yourself
- Bank details
How will we use the
information about you?
We collect information about you to enable us to produce the work that we are commissioned to make and to fulfil our obligations.
Your name and contact details
- May be used for logistics and project management purposes
- May be shared with our client, our creative team or other people directly involved in the project to allow them to do their job. For example, we may share your address with an equipment rental company for the purposes of delivering directly to your location or we may provide contact details to a specialist film director so that they can speak to you directly about the project.
- The legal basis for this is contract.
May be used for reporting, contract monitoring and business assessments to allow us to manage our business. The legal basis for this is legitimate interests.
May be copied from a database, such as LinkedIn or as a result of an internet search for the purpose of contacting you with regards working together. Such as because your job description suggests high relevance to our services or to invite you to be a supplier for us . The legal basis for this is legitimate interests. Like all businesses we need to make contact with relevant people and we believe that you need companies like us to do so too.
May be added to LinkedIn to allow us to connect on that platform. The legal basis for this is legitimate interests.
Photos or video of yourself
- May be used for creative assessments (if you are being considered for inclusion in one of our projects)
- May be shared with our client, our creative team and other people directly involved in the project.
- The legal basis for this is legitimate interests as we need to be able to make creative and logistical choices and to communicate this with our clients for feedback.
All of your information may also be:
- Used for contract management and to make payments to you. The legal basis for this is contract.
- Used for legal and compliance purposes. The legal basis for this is legal obligation.
- This information may be shared with our legal advisors, insurers, bank, bookkeepers and accountants as well as government agencies, the court and law enforcement to facilitate the above.
Stored for 6 years after our relationship ends for compliance purposes.
Sales and Marketing
If you are an individual (not a business):
- We will not send you any sales or marketing unless you have opted into our newsletter.
If you are a client:
- We may share your details with our sales team to ensure that they do NOT contact you. The legal basis for this is legitimate interests.
We may email you a monthly (or fewer) newsletter to keep you updated about what we are doing. This is based on PECR guidelines and the legal basis is legitimate interests. You may opt out of this at any time by clicking the opt-out link in the email.
With your permission only, we would also like to share:
- Your name, contact phone number and email address with a prospective client for the purposes of company reference.
- Your name in combination with a testimonial that you may have supplied for us on our website, marketing and sales materials.
If you are a potential business client:
- If we have contacted you to introduce ourselves and you have said that you would like to stay updated, then we may send you a monthly (or fewer) newsletter to keep you updated about what we are doing. This is based on PECR rules (soft consent) and the legal basis is legitimate interests. You may opt out of this at any time by clicking the opt-out link in the email.
If you have opted into our newsletter:
- We will send you a monthly (or fewer) newsletter based on consent. You may opt out of this at any time by clicking the opt-out link in the email.
Where we store
Your information may be stored in the following locations:
- Google (GSuite)
- for emails, contacts, document management and collaboration.
- Google is GDPR compliant and operate strict information security protocols including encryption at rest. https://cloud.google.com/security/gdpr/
- Google has been approved for Government information data up to GSC level ‘Official’. https://www.digitalmarketplace.service.gov.uk/g-cloud/services/919642155849133.
- Intuit Quickbooks
- online bookkeeping software – https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/gdpr/
- Our HSBC bank account
- online portal for payments and payment history
- On paper in organised folders
- for printed contracts, invoices and agreements.
- On paper in locked cabinets
- for sensitive paperwork such as passport and visa copies, doctor letters and employment information.
- Temporarily on paper
- for risk assessments, call-sheets and other working materials that are required in-hand by the project team for the provision of the services. This paper is shredded and not stored.
- Temporarily on recordable media
- (such as camera cards) for film footage captured as part of a film or audio shoot.
- Temporarily on portable backup harddrives
- for film footage captured as part of a film or audio shoot
- On LTO tape
- when the information relates to project content that is archived.
You have a right:
- to request a copy of some or all of the information that we hold about you
- to amend it
- to ask us to delete it
- to restrict how we use it
- to object to us using it.
If you want to exercise these rights or find out more, please email our data protection officer Robert Hindle at email@example.com for further information.
Changes to this privacy notice
This policy may be changed from time to time and will be updated here. If the change affects you then we may be required to contact you to inform you of the change.